Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) physicians, also called physiatrists, work to help restore movement and function to people disabled by injury. Our physiatrists at Spine Physicians Institute have helped serve patients in Dallas, Irving, Red Oak, Coppell as well as patients from across the state of Texas. Our team of expert physiatrists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and physical medicine and rehabÂ of patients of all ages in three major areas of medical careÂ Dallas, Irving, Red Oak, Plano, Southlake, Grapevine, Colleyville, Duncanville and throughout the DFW metroplex.
- Diagnosis and treatment of general musculoskeletal injuries and pain syndromes.
- Electrodiagnostic medicine for the evaluation of various neurologic disorders. This treatment also known as EMG (electromyography) or NCS (nerve conduction studies) is the diagnostic study indicated for loss of sensation with or without weakness. This treatment helps to determine the location of a nerve injury and how severe it is. In a nerve conduction study (NCS), electrodes are used to record nerve responses. In an Â EMG, fine needle electrodes are inserted into the muscles.
- Rehabilitation of patients with severe impairments.
The main treatments associated with physical medicine and rehabilitation include but are not limited to the following:
- Exercises and stretching
- PhysicalÂ medicine and rehab
- Short-term immobilization
- Pain medication
- Steroid or other pain-management injections
As always please feel free to give us a call at any of our office locations which are conveniently located to theÂ Dallas, Irving, Red Oak, Plano, Southlake, Grapevine, Colleyville, Duncanville areasÂ and we will be glad to answer any questions you might have.
Diagnostic and therapeutic spine injections, when indicated, are considered only one part of a more-comprehensive treatment program. A full range of these treatments are offered by experienced physicians throughout any of our office locations conveniently located to theÂ Dallas, Irving, Red Oak, Plano, Southlake, Grapevine, Colleyville and Duncanville areas: