Stress vs. anxiety. Can you tell the difference? Take this quiz below to find out:
- TRUE or FALSE: Stress and anxiety are the same things.
- TRUE or FALSE: The causes of stress are essentially the same for everyone.
- TRUE or FALSE: Being easily annoyed and unusually irritable can be an emotional warning sign of too much stress.
- TRUE or FALSE: Losing weight can be a sign of too much stress.
- TRUE or FALSE: Chronic stress can contribute to depression.
- TRUE or FALSE: Rethinking your expectations may help you cope with stress.
- TRUE or FALSE: Anxiety is always a negative, harmful emotion.
- An anxiety disorder can be characterized by which of the following?
A) A sudden, uncontrollable attack of terror
B) An unfounded fear and dread of everyday situations
C) Repeated, unwanted thoughts that cause worry or nervousness
D) Any of the above
- TRUE or FALSE: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S.
- TRUE or FALSE: Men are twice as likely as women to have a generalized anxiety disorder.
- Which of the following is a treatment option for anxiety disorders?
- What percentage of people with mental illnesses improve if they receive treatment?
For answers, visit WebMD at http://www.webmd.com/balance/stress-management/rm-quiz-stress-anxiety