Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
There are physicians specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. They are also called physiatrists. They work to help restore movement and function to people disabled by injury. Our physiatrists at Spine Physicians Institute have helped serve patients from across the state of Texas.
Our team of expert physiatrists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and physical medicine. We also specialize in rehab of patients of all ages in three major areas of medical care. Those areas being;
- Diagnosis and treatment of general musculoskeletal injuries and pain syndromes.
- Electrodiagnostic medicine for the evaluation of various neurologic disorders. This treatment is also known as EMG (electromyography) or NCS (nerve conduction studies). It is the diagnostic study indicated for loss of sensation with or without weakness. This treatment helps to determine the location of a nerve injury and how severe it is. In a nerve conduction study (NCS), electrodes are used to record nerve responses. In an EMG, fine needle electrodes are inserted into the muscles.
- Rehabilitation of patients with severe impairments.
The main treatments associated with physical medicine and rehabilitation include but are not limited to the following;
- Exercises and stretching
- Physical medicine and rehab
- Short-term immobilization
- Pain medication
- Steroid or other pain-management injections
For more questions, contact our offices located in Dallas, Irving, Red Oak, Plano, Southlake, Grapevine, Colleyville and Duncanville marketplaces.