It has been said that yoga can be extremely beneficial for those with lower back pain. The eight positions listed below can ease tension and release pain in addition to flexing your spine and muscles. The poses can also boost your brain, strengthen your bones, and transform you physically and mentally.
If you have any pain, you should stop immediately. Visit your doctor if you have concerns before you start.
- Supine hamstring stretch: relieves sciatica and lower back discomfort
- Cat’s pose: brings flexibility to your spine, tones, and firms’ buttocks, and strengthens your back and arms.
- Sphinx: strengthens your shoulders, legs, and lower back.
- Locust pose: strengthens and lengthens your spine.
- Bow: strengthens and stretches your thighs and calves.
- Flank stretch: alleviates symptoms of arthritis and sciatica while lengthening the spine.
- Pigeon pose: eases sciatica while opening the hip flexors and stretching the performs muscle (in the buttocks)
- Legs up all: relieves mild backache, relaxes lower back, and helps with insomnia.
For details on how to perform these poses, visit Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2937315/The-eight-healing-positions-yoga-Moves-ease-pain.html